SCAR South Coast Adventure Race
This year’s SCAR happens Saturday, June 16!
The SCAR: South Coast Adventure Race is a multi-sport adventure race that takes place in several municipalities in the Windsor-Essex region. You will be challenged and amazed at your mental and physical toughness. At its core, an adventure race is an endurance event that combines two or more disciplines and involves teamwork and navigation using map and compass. An adventure race is one of the most exhilarating experiences of a lifetime. Once you try…you’ll be hooked! You may even end up with a few battle scars along the way…
As with all adventure races, The SCAR course will be kept secret until race day. However, we can share the following:
- A fun and challenging 5 – 8 hour race-course
- Solo Racers or teams of 2 or 3 participants: all male, all female, or co-ed
- Fast and flat terrain – new adventure racers welcome!
- Events include cycling, paddling, orienteering and trekking
- Pre-marked maps
- Canoe rentals (including PFD, canoe paddles & safety equipment) are included for teams of 2 or 3
- Note: Solo racers must provide their own canoe or kayak
- Compass navigation and advance racer seminars
- Custom designed event t-shirt and finishers’ medal
- Post-race bash, delicious dinner and awards ceremony
Check out Get Out There magazine’s coverage of SCAR 2016 in the video below.
Final Results SCAR 2014.